Pastificio di Chiavenna was founded in 1868 and started its activities as a mill and pasta producer. In the 60s the company moved to a modern factory in the outskirts of Chiavenna and alongside the traditional production of durum semolina wheat pasta, it started the production of some specialties from Valtellina with the Moro brand (Pizzoccheri), becoming a leader in its market niche. In that period, the company also obtained from the Ministry of Health the authorization to produce dietetic pasta, with different requirements from the traditional one. Since then the company has experienced years of sustained growth that led it to be a relevant player in the market of special pasta (gluten-free, buckwheat, baby food and other dietetic pasta). The BRC and CCPB certifications for the production of different types of organic pasta, qualify the company as a reliable partner for the most important food companies as well as Italian and foreign retail chains. In February 2020 the Company was sold to a leading foreign trade buyer of the sector.